Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Almond Toffee Bars

Several years ago I went to a local food festival and got a front row seat to see our local celebrity chef, Anna Olson.  She was showing us how to make sweets that are sold at her local shop.  The one that I tasted and (fell in love with) was an almond toffee bar.  I don't even know what she calls them.  I call them Divine, as this combination of flavours could only have come from God himself.  The recipe itself is so simple.  I cannot find the recipe anywhere online, so I've had to kind of make up my own based on what I remembered seeing her do.

Anna Olson's Almond Toffee Bar

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup graham crumbs
3 tbsp butter, melted

1 cup Skor or Heath bits
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tin  sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.  Mix oats, graham crumbs and butter and pat into bottom of the pan.  Layer the rest of the ingredients in the order they are given.  Bake for 25 minutes or until almonds have started turning light brown.  Allow to cool completely and then cut and serve.

Makes 25 squares (unless you like to indulge, in which case you can cut into 16 squares).


 (You may need to make a few recipes of this...  They are a crowd favourite, so they don't stick around too long.  Even folks that don't enjoy nuts like these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment