Friday, October 19, 2012

Sneaky Soup

My friend, neighbour, and owner of my oops-I need-something-spare-pantry-down-the-street passed along a recipe for baked potato soup.  It's such a simple recipe and it has a dirty little secret.  I'm not going to tell you the secret yet.  I'll let you try to figure it out.

So I made it last night.  I asked my family what they thought of the soup.  I didn't tell them what was in it right away.  I waited until after they oohed and aahed and declared it their favourite soup ever.  That's quite a winning commentary since my kids don't typically rave about soup.

Here's my friend's picture.  Ours got devoured too quickly and I don't want to wait to get the recipe up here since it was just so good!



Here's how I made it:

Boil one head of cut up cauliflower until very soft.  Drain.  Add 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock.  Add  4 Tbsp cream cheese.  Add 1/4 tsp pepper.  Blend with a hand blender.  Top with cheese, bacon, green onions...  Whatever your favourite baked potato toppings are.  Listen for all the slurps and yums as your family happily devours the Baked Potato Soup.

I'm sure you've figured it out by now...  There are no potatoes! 

My husband continues to be amazed by the diversity of cauliflower.  It's becoming my favourite veggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment